After using Canva Pro Plan for over a year now, I’ve uncovered the good, bad, and ugly and by the time you’re done reading this, you’ll know if it’s worth the extra investment or not.
If you’re currently using the Canva free plan, you know it’s one of the best online tools for creating designs, right?
But you’re probably wondering whether paying for the Canva Pro plan is worth it, or if it’s better to stick with the free plan and save your money.
I will break down the most important things, that way, you can make the best decision for your business.
Here’s what I am going to cover in this blog post:
- Canva Free Plan vs Canva Pro Plan
- Is Canva Pro Worth Upgrading?
- Productivity and navigation
- Pros and Cons
- How To use Canva pro
- Canva FAQS
Canva Free Plan
This plan is mostly for:
- Beginner content creators
- Beginner designers
This plan includes:
- Over 200 000 Free to use images – You can also buy the premium images for $1 each
- 250 000+ Free Templates – That means, you don’t have to worry about designing graphics for your business
- Over 60 000 graphic elements
- Access to audio tracks – Free Music for your reels and videos
- Over 1800 Fonts to choose from – Unfortunately, you cannot upload custom fonts
- 100+ animation effects – You can customize your designs with different animation effects
- 5GB Cloud storage for your projects
- Team Work – You can invite members to your team
- Get a brand kit – Get access to only one color palette in your brand kit with only three different colors to choose from.
- Create folders – You are limited to only 2 folders to help you manage your content and designs.
Canva Pro Plan
This plan is mostly for:
- Non-designers that want professional-looking digital designs
- Business owners that have a small or big team
- Content creators who want to create content faster
The Canva Pro Plan is the absolute best gift for non-designers that want beautiful presentations online. It includes everything the free plan has and;
- Magic resize- This allows you to convert your Instagram sized posts to Facebook sized posts in a click of a button
- Background removal – Unlike the free plan, you can remove image backgrounds instantly with the Canva background remover.
- A Professional Brand Kit – You can upload your logos, brand colors, fonts, etc. This feature helps you create faster.
- Over 610 000 Templates with new design uploads daily.
- Canva Pro’s content scheduler – The Canva pro plan makes it easier for you to plan and schedule your content to 8 social media platforms at no additional cost
- Access to over 30,000 royalty-free music
- 100GB of cloud storage
Canva Pro Pros and Cons
- No skills are required to use it. Beginners will have no problem understanding it.
- Canva is easy to use and is easy to navigate.
- The predesigned templates on Canva save you a lot of time.
- You have the ability to collaborate with your team members virtually
- Features such as being able to add your professional brand kit allow business owners to delegate content creation tasks easily while still staying on brand
- Canva can integrate with many different third-party apps including most social media platforms as well as editing extensions and cloud storage platforms like HubSpot and many more. These integrations save you time from logging into many different platforms to complete a simple task.
- Canva gives you an arsenal of pre-designed templates to use as you wish, cutting the need of designing graphics and other stuff from scratch.
- As much as Canva, and especially Canva Pro is designed for productivity, too many options can be overwhelming and time-wasting.
- Their mobile app is difficult to use
- You have to upgrade to access most of their awesome features
- Since a lot of people use Canva, a lot of content on social media looks similar-ish
- Speaking of similar, you have to think outside the box to create unique designs on Canva
- A lot of people complain about blurry Canva designs once uploaded on social media. Blurry designs cheapen your brand.
- You can’t use Canva offline. You must have a stable internet connection to use it
Is it worth upgrading to Canva Pro?
If you are looking to use and enjoy access to the features below, then you should upgrade.
- Background Remover
- Magic resize
- Ability to organize your content in folders
- Premium images that are always getting updated
- Unique videos for your video content
- Animations and design elements that are freshly updated
Still Confused About Canva Pro Plan?
If you are still confused about Canva Pro, you can try using it for free for 30days first. Here is a step-by-step process on how to get started.
Step 1: Log in to Canva
Step 2: Go to the bottom left corner and tap the button written: “Try Canva Pro”.
Step 3: Tap the button written: “Start my free trial”.
Step 4: You’ll get two options; Yearly and Monthly.
Select monthly and click Next.
Step 5: Pick your choice of payment
Step 6: Fill in your correct details
Final Step: Enjoy your Canva Pro Version.